Sunday, February 3, 2008

Seeing Myself as a Missionary

Today after church I took a walk...
...We learned about about what it really means to be a Christian in church today, how important it is that we see ourselves as a missionary in our city- the most influential cities in the world...
...I ended up at Herald Square, a little park next to Macy's on 34th Street. (See picture) The sun was shining perfectly at this table, so i sat down to spend some time with the Lord.
I started to pray- worshiping God for how great He is- HE is my provider and I am so blessed! There are days that I feel so alone in this big city, but God is always with me and HE can fill that void.
Then I started to pray that God would change me. I want to be a missionary in this city. Did you know that only 1/20 people in NYC actually call themselves a Christian? That means that when I walk in a subway car, I am most likely the only person in that whole car that is actually saved... WOW!
I want to serve my city- I want to be a missionary.
Pray for me- would you?
Pray that God will use me here- Pray that I will make a difference in this city for as long as the Lord keeps me here!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

Sarah you are amazing. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I will pray that God will give you the people to share your faith and the words and boldness to step out. You are in my prayers lovey have a great week. Dee

Matt Carson said...

wow you're right, it was a beautiful day there! what a great looking park!

i'm proud of you... you are asking for us to pray for the exact thing you should be seeking as a christian; to be a missionary to the part of the world you are placed. it was good to hear your stories of passing out granola bars for your church and i know you are really helping all of your students! keep up the good work!

sarita said...

Aww! Thanks guys!!!